Monday, August 30, 2010

The place to be on a hot day




Dude, such a handsome guy with his mane blowing in the fan's breeze!

Summer returned to northern Vermont today. After about a week of days in the 70s and nights in the 50s, today the temperatures crept solidly into the 80s and they are supposed to climb even higher tomorrow and Wednesday. When I got to the barn around 5 pm, the horses were in the barn, and Dude and Bestie were sweaty but cool to the touch. I groomed both of them in front of the big barn fan - they love it. Bestie fell asleep so I didn't have the heart to take her picture and have the flash pop in her face. Whenever I put them on the cross ties in front of the fan it amazes me - I never would have thought they'd walk up to this big rattly thing, let alone fall asleep in front of it!

2 comments:

JennyB said...

Oh my goodness, I only wish it would get down to 80 or so and just stay there forever! lol If your poor babies are hot enough that that big rattling monster puts them to sleep they'd just MELT here in Texas!

~~ JennyB, Horsefeathers

Horse Mom said...

Dude's actually a Texas boy (born in Pilot Point) but he's been up here in the north country long enough that I think you're right - he would melt down there!