Sunday, October 3, 2010

Horse movies ... gotta love them

I've been on the Internet a lot today, and I feel like everywhere I go there's a trailer for Secretariat, the new Disney movie. Perhaps the Google gods are matching me up with those ads because of the blog? Anyway, I have the movie on my list as a "must see," but I have to confess to being a little worried because I've been crying watching the online trailer. I'm going to be a mess when I see the movie.

Makes me think back to all the other horse movies I've seen ... The Black Stallion, Seabiscuit, Dreamer; just to name a few. Dreamer was particularly fun because my daughters and I went with a bunch of other horsey 4Hers and moms and it was one big happy sobfest. It's like you watch those movies and all the crazy emotions you have wrapped up in your own horses come bubbling over. Your horsey friends and compatriots understand. Other people look at you like you're nuts.

My husband wants to go see Secretariat with me. I know he'll be perplexed when I start sniffling and muttering, "so much (sniff) heart (sniff) in (snuffle) (gulp) that horse." Prediction: I'll leave the theater red-eyed but happy.

Any one else out there a complete sucker for horse movies?

2 comments:

JennyB said...

All I'll say is you are not alone! lol And I've got to watch this movie since I own one of his great-great grandsons. I just wish I could fit Brother in the theater with me so he could see his Gramps in action!

~~JennyB, Horsefeathers

Horse Mom said...

That is so cool! It must be like having royalty in the family! Maybe if there's an emergency exit door to the outside of the movie theater, Brother could poke his head in from there to watch the movie :)