Saturday, January 5, 2013

Bits and pieces

Time for a bunch of random items.

I just realized I never posted these photos of our beautiful tree in the tack room and the horses' stockings. Every horse in the barn had a stocking; super cute. Christmas already seems ages ago. I still have their candy canes; maybe I'll break them up in a bran mash.




My winter resolution is to do a bran mash for them each week until late March when the weather warms. New Year's Day was mash #1. It was enthusiastically received. :)

My other resolution is to work with Dude on core exercises. We started tonight with carrot stretches. I'm using the book Activate Your Horse's Core, which comes with a DVD - very useful to see the exercises demonstrated.

Dude lost a shoe in the snow this week. I'm debating whether to leave him shoeless for the winter as he's still rehabbing and I won't be riding him. He's only got front shoes. Farrier Scott will check him out on Tuesday and we'll see what he thinks.

No comments: