Sunday, April 3, 2016

A little shopping trip


It's been ages since I've needed to do any horse-related shopping. But this week my last bag of shavings got down to less than a third of a bag, so I added Guy's Farm and Yard to my Saturday list of errands.

I try to accumulate a list of "needs" prior to stopping at Guy's so that I don't have to make the drive more frequently for onesie-twosie purchases. One thing I wanted to check out was their stock of coat conditioners, but none really appealed to me - all the products seemed kind of greasy.

It's always fun to wander the aisles and see what else catches my eye.

Lots of gardening related stuff was out, like seed starters and packets - it gave me the itch to garden even though it's still wayyyyy too cold in Vermont.

I ended up getting two bags of shavings and the items above.

The Lexol wipes are great for cleaning tack; so handy for when my saddle or bridle just needs a quick wipe and not the full clean. I also use them at home on our leather chair, and on my boots and clogs.

We haven't had a canister of the peppermint bit wipes in a while. Total impulse buy, but kind of nice since it's a local business.

Bestie's salt block is getting tinier and tinier so it's only a matter of time before I have to replace it. She has licked it down to almost flat on one side. I keep flipping it around on the rope in an attempt to ensure that it disappears pretty evenly. She is crazy about the Himalayan salt licks. I always buy the Hilton Herbs type. I've seen unwrapped chunks for sale also, but I always wonder about the quality of those.

On the next trip, I'll probably be adding fly spray to the list.

No comments: