Friday, January 13, 2017

A peek at spring

Oh boy was yesterday a gorgeous day! (I'm choosing to not focus on the weather icon for Saturday.)

When I arrived at the barn, the horses were sunbathing, standing in their fields and looking a bit dozey. Bestie whinnied when she saw me, but made no move to come over to the gate, so I walked through the field to put her halter on.

It was way too nice to brush her in her stall, so she grazed around the barn - mainly toward the front so that she wasn't too far from Percy and Jazz in the front field - while I curried and brushed her.

She was gleaming when I left.

A few hours later I received a text from Laurie about my brown horse. Seems Bestie wasn't into gleaming. Sometime after I left to drive home, she rolled and coated herself in mud. Not the first time and won't be the last, I'm sure. :)

Looked at a new barn this week; thoughts on that soon. While poking around the internet doing some research while trying to decide if I should transition Bestie's feed prior to or after arrival at the new place, I found these two sites - https://equinenutritionnerd.com/ and https://horsehippie.com/, by the same author. Fun and interesting reading on everything from winter feeding to horse/human chakra connection.

No comments: