Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Weather wimp

OK, I'm sure I'm going to sound like a whiner, but.... we had temperatures in the 60s this weekend, then on Monday it dropped into the 30s. A thirty degree drop is nothing to sneeze at, especially once the snow started falling on Monday night!

Dude and Bestie got their turnout sheets back on on Sunday night, then yesterday I added their cotton/poly sheets under the turnout sheets. They're both pretty fuzzy so that's probably all they'll need for now. Once it drops to the 20s pretty consistently, I'll switch to the midweights.

They're still not going out because despite the cold, the fields have not yet frozen and are very mucky. So they're in. And not happy. Last night I was in a rush; had to hit the barn prior to dinner out and a basketball game, so I grazed them and mucked their stalls. While we were outside, Bestie was doing big snorty breaths of the cold air; she loves it. Dude would graze and then randomly do a little rear of happiness, then graze again, then rear. I was FREEZING by the time I got done with the grazing. The merlot with dinner hit the spot!

No comments: