Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Yawwwn

It's a busy week. Maddie graduates on Saturday, so I'm in full housecleaning mode and trying to get loads of stuff done before relatives arrive on Friday. Luckily Katie is not working tomorrow so that she can go to the barn for our farrier appointment, which for some unknown reason I made for 10:00 am. I do vaguely remember saying to him, "Oh, I'll just take that day off." NOT. I've been super busy at work, can't spare the time, and am feeling lucky that Katie can go.

She went over and checked on the ponies yesterday because we had an awards event at the school. Tonight we both went. I lunged Bestie, who went from dragging her sorry self around the arena at the world's slowest trot to warp speed in about 2 seconds, but promptly decided that warp speed was way too much work to sustain, and went back to something that was really quite a lovely Western jog, particularly if I had been ON her, which I rarely am when she chooses to do it.

Page and Elaine reported that Dude had a late afternoon meltdown due to bugs, and had been hosed off, which was very nice. Page said that even as she walked him back in to the barn he kept shaking his head, convinced the bugs were on him, even though she had taken off his fly mask and could see NOTHING. When he loses it, he loses it big. He's actually been pretty good about the bugs. Maybe it's time to bring his fly sheet to the barn.

It might also be time to dig out the fans. It was really hot and steamy in their stalls, not a breath of air. Even Bestie seemed like she was glowing a bit in the humidity. She's probably not going to do much except go outside for the next four days, since I'll be fairly well occupied until most of the relatives depart on Sunday. I apologized in advance for my likely inattention over the next few days, and she seemed ok with it. Ha.

No comments: