Thursday, January 21, 2010

New tack room


I arrived at the barn yesterday to find a doorway cut into the wall of the old tack room leading to the new, improved, larger tack room! It is beautiful! They built "lockers" so that everyone has a personal space. Eventually the old tack room will be remodeled to look the same and we'll all be spread out between the two spaces. I picked a corner (everyone who has two horses gets a corner--bigger space) and it's the corner shown in the right of the photo. My tack trunk will fit in the open spot and to the right there is room for the stuff that doesn't get used frequently. Bridle hooks and saddle racks will go on the walls. I'm looking forward to shifting my stuff over, most likely at some point this weekend after Larry gets the saddle racks installed. I'm hoping it means no more driving around with horsey blankets in my car. So exciting!

Today I got to the barn and discovered the new doorway had been framed, so progress is being made daily. Also there was a note on the board saying that the indoor would be closed on Monday while they install mirrors. Very cool!

Rode Dude out in the field tonight. I love riding in the snow, it's so much fun. I need to get a couple more rides in before Sunday, when it's supposed to hit the 40s and RAIN. Ugh. We've been lucky to hold on to our Winter Wonderland for so long.

No comments: