Monday, February 27, 2012

Just another night at the barn

Not much excitement tonight at the barn. I debated riding Bestie, then decided against it since my legs were a little tired from cross country skiing and playing hockey last night. I gave her a good brushing and that was it. Whenever she's on the cross ties she keeps one eye on Dude, who has been known to give the cross ties a yank when the urge strikes. Tonight he was sleepy after a big day out in the snow.


It's been fairly warm, in the low to mid 30s, so I've been putting Dude and Bestie in their fleece sheets at night and then at turn-out time in the morning Larry or Reggie throw their turnout sheets on over the fleece. Love the fleece sheets, but every night after I groom the horses, I groom the sheets! They pick up everything! But they do wash up really well.


Bestie's sheet prior to brushing it off - I'm surprised there were any shavings in her stall!

No comments: