Friday, January 2, 2009

You had to go to the BARN??

I am tired of people who do not have horses saying to me, "Oh my gosh, you had to go the barn??" This generally occurs on days of inclement weather, which for the most part occur in Winter here. The question is asked in a tone of utter astonishment and sometimes accompanied by a "you are crazy" expression. They seem to be implying that going to the barn is an activity that must be such a BURDEN. I'll admit that sometimes it is a burden, usually due to time constraints, but when I walk in there I really try to shed any crankiness, and usually that's easy. How can you be cranky when you walk in and one horse whinnies and the other nickers at the sound of your voice, and they both look at you expectantly like they're just waiting to see what you will do, like you are this really interesting part of their lives. I love that moment, it makes me laugh. How often do you get to feel totally fascinating?!

No comments: