Thursday, April 16, 2009

Turn out turn out turn out









Took a couple photos this week. I mainly wanted to capture how beautiful Mount Mansfield looks with the snow still on it as the lower elevations green up. And also a "happy ponies" shot of Jake and Dude wandering around their fields. That one was taken the same day that Jake was sleeping flat out in the field when I arrived. He picked his head up, saw that I wasn't his mother, and flopped his head back down. Talk about relaxed!

Since Easter (which was The Day That Winter Briefly Returned), it has been absolutely gorgeous. I have been rushing from work to get Dude and Bestie out, so they've been able to be out a couple of hours each day in the sunshine. Usually I bring them in around 5 pm, which is when the dreaded cows start milling around across the road and Dude starts getting crazy. That's basically beeen my story this week: zoom from work, turn them out, muck their stalls and do their water, sit in the car and read a magazine, bring them in. Very exciting.

Tomorrow Dr. Emily returns for the last round of shots and spring cleaning: sheath and teeth. I've had Dude and Bestie on a half dose of bute since last night. That seemed to do the trick last time so I've got my fingers crossed.

The plan for tomorrow is to get to the barn early, which I have to, because I'm feeding, then turn everyone out, then bring Dude and Bestie in around 9:30 to get them cleaned up before the vet arrives. Hopefully, I'll be able to turn them back out for a bit after the sedation wears off. It's supposed to be in the 60s--whoo hoo!

No comments: