Saturday, May 9, 2009

Please oh please can we go out??

I had to do a few errands prior to visiting the barn today, and in my travels I drove by three other barns. Horses out at each one. At one, the horses were in a field so beautiful and lush I almost wanted to stop the car and take a picture of them.

All the horses at our barn are still in. The good news is that the fields have been cut in half with temporary fencing, which is always a sign that the first day of turnout is approaching. Bestie got rooked a bit today because right after I got her out to hand graze her, thunder starting rumbling. It makes me pretty nervous to stand on the wide open lawn listening to the thunder, so I only tolerated it for about ten minutes before dragging her in. She was NOT happy. Katie had already been there, so Dude was all taken care of. I lunged Bestie and she was pretty good. I thought she might really go nuts on the line as a way of expressing her displeasure with the short hand graze, but she only had a few little bucks. I've got to get back into a regular routine with her now that they're settled.

No comments: