Friday, November 6, 2009

Lesson on Monday

This whole week was nuts with late departures from work nearly every day, which means late arrivals to the barn nearly every day. And now with the time change, the dark is coming so EARLY. Bleh. I pretty much have to get there by four if I want to ride outside.

Today I had planned to lunge Bestie because Friday nights are never busy in the indoor and I was a bit nervous that she was going to be nuts. But when I got there at 3:45, she had just been fed. Not sure what was with the early feeding, but it messed up my plans. I brushed them both really well and grazed them outside for a bit.

I had talked with Emma a while ago about taking lessons, but with Bestie's injury I hadn't followed through. But after thinking about the week's "fly bys" to the barn, I decided I just need to bite the bullet and do a weekly lesson. Get it on the calendar and commit. So, 5 pm, Monday is lesson numero uno. On Dude. He likes having a job, so that will make him happy. And the following week I'll have one on Bestie; that'll give me some time to put her on the lunge line and work the kinks out. I'm sure there are lots of kinks--she's been off for two months. At least she's going out every day now. 7:30 to 3:30/4 ... you wouldn't think she'd have a lot of energy left after a full day outside to be uncooperative!

It's supposed to be a beautiful weekend with *SUN*, so I am planning on riding Dude tomorrow afternoon. I'd better factor in some time to de-cobweb his saddle. :)

No comments: