Thursday, October 29, 2009

Gotta whine

Ok, the weather. I am just so sick of rain. And I think I'd be sick of it even if I didn't have horses and dogs that come in muddy, leading to major, frequent, exhausting cleaning efforts on my part of equines and their turnout sheets, and canines and their paws. The fields at the barn are so wet I can't even imagine that they'll dry out unless we get some good hard freezes at night. The downside of that is while the moisture may get sucked out, the fields will likely freeze with deep little hoof-produced pockets that are sure to yank off shoes. There's one field in front that actually has a little pond at its front end. Even the usually dry spots, like up on the hill where I handgraze Dude and Bestie, are very squelchy.

One more rant. This summer I very carefully sprayed two each of Dude and Bestie's turnout sheets with a spray for water repellency. I read the directions and everything (didn't wing it as I usually do). The sheets are in good shape but were not exactly water repellent any more; the goal was to keep them going for another season or so. On the first day Dude and Bestie wore them, the sheets soaked through. The description on the can made it sound like I would see beautiful beads of water on the surface if the sheets were worn out in the rain. NOT.

At yoga tonight we had a little discussion about how it's ok to be cranky; that crankiness is a legitimate feeling. That made me feel better. Sometimes it's just fun to wallow in it for a little while. I am totally owning my crankiness tonight.

No comments: