Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Good reading

I know I've written before about articles I've read in the Holistic Horse newsletter I get; it seems there's always at least one article that interests me. Although our show season days are well behind us (except for helping out with the occasional 4H show), I thought this article on holistichorse.com -- Seven Tips to Prepare Your Horse for Show Season Travel -- had some good points to think about when preparing for show season and how travel can affect things like immunity, stress, digestive health and more, with suggestions for possible products to use in each category. Certainly stress related to new surroundings and a different routine have been things we've had to deal with at horse shows (drops of Mellow Out flower essence in their water and on treats), as well as improper hydration due to overly chlorinated water (apple juice in the water didn't work; ended up buying gallons and gallons of spring water!). It always seems like no matter how much you prepare, there are always some things, like the chlorinated water, that you don't discover until you arrive at the show.

No comments: