Sunday, September 19, 2010

It's been a muddy week








Dude loves to roll - absolutely positively loves to roll. In the winter when I walk him in the indoor arena, at times he barely gets his big butt through the door before he drops and rolls. Right now he's up in a paddock that almost always has a wet spot down the middle of it, so of course that's the spot he picks.

On Tuesday night this past week I got to the barn late after a meeting, so it was probably about 7:45 when I walked into the barn to be greeted by a large mud ball with legs. He had mud everywhere ... on his tail, on the backs of his ears, and everywhere in between. It was on thick. He must've had a really good roll that day.

By the time I got done cleaning him up, I felt like my right arm was about to fall off. I was reminded of Charlie Brown's friend Pig Pen, the one with the dust clouds floating about him. That's the way it looked in the barn aisle around Dude, and I took the photos after the first pass on his left side. A couple of curries on each side, then the dust settled, and there was a lovely Quarter Horse-sized oval of dirt on the aisle mat. I think I've been through this process at least three times this week, although that night was definitely the worst.

1 comment:

JennyB said...

Aaahh ya gotta love the mud monster days lol

JennyB, Horsefeathers