Saturday, March 1, 2014

Not a small animal ...



... just a pile of Dude and Bestie's hair after grooming! While our temperatures are still not spring-like, the days have definitely gotten longer in the last few weeks, and the horses have been shedding hair like crazy. Prior to our grooming session, Bestie had rolled in the indoor, and that really seemed to loosen up her hair. I took her out to lunge her and I could tell she wanted to roll because she kept dropping her nose down to the footing while trotting - kind of awkward, to say the least! So I finally slowed her down and she settled down for a leisurely over-over-over-up roll while I stood at her head and tried to keep the lunge line from getting tangled. She looked like a mess afterward with the dust and the little chunks of rubbery arena footing stuck on her. :)

Looking at this photo with the gutter cover pulled back, I have to say that I would find it tough to go back to a barn without gutters! I think back to all the previous years of cleaning out stalls with muck buckets and wheelbarrows - yuck. Cleaning up, whether it's the aisle or the stalls, has never been so easy. I'm totally spoiled.

No comments: