Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy tears and sad tears

I'm such a weeper when it comes to horses. When I took the Equissage massage class in Virginia several years ago, we watched a video of an amazing dressage ride at the Washington International Horse show. It was so absolutely beautiful and moving, I cried. (Actually, I'm pretty sure all of us in the room did!)

During that same week, Mary the Equissage founder (an amazing lady) read the Horse's Prayer to us. I cried. I get teary-eyed during horse races, I get teary eyed during Club Class at 4H shows. I just can't help it.

A few weeks ago I did a search on Google. I can't remember the exact terms, but it was something like "horse mom" because I wanted to see if anyone else had a blog similar to mine. I came upon lots of fun reading, but there's one I've returned to over and over.

The address is http://www.savingargus.blogspot.com/ and it's the story of a woman's rescue of a Thoroughbred who had been in a pen for most of his 16 years, with very little human contact. It's a heart warming story and I marvel at her commitment. Talk about happy tears and sad tears!

No comments: