Monday, May 12, 2008

Pony withdrawal

I'm going through pony withdrawal because I haven't seen the horses since Friday. I went over to the barn Friday morning and lunged Bestie, then hand grazed her and Dude. They had already been through their short turnout shifts by 11 a.m., so I felt kind of sorry for them facing stall confinement for the rest of the day.

We left that afternoon to head to Connecticut to attend our niece's first communion and to pick Katie up from college. Missions accomplished! It was great to see the family and to have Katie back at home for the summer. When we got back to VT on Sunday I helped her unload the car while Maddie and Kris took off for the kennel to grab the dogs. We had cut it close, arriving home at about 3:30 with the kennel due to close at 4:00.

Didn't make it to the barn that day (had to run up to work for a couple hours after returning home) or today (eye doctor appointment, massage, grocery shopping), which is why I'm suffering pony withdrawal symptoms. I really do miss them when I don't see them for a couple of days. Katie ran over tonight to say hi to Dude, and cleaned their stalls and made sure both were ok. I'm sure Bestie's filthy after going out all weekend and not being brushed since Friday. My grooming work will be cut out for me tomorrow!

No comments: