Friday, August 8, 2008

Horsey shopping trip!

I finally got my act together today and stopped by a couple of tack shops looking for a swivel lunge line attachment. I've been using one for months at the barn that is NOT mine; I'm actually not sure whose it is. I found one in a catalog, but had put off ordering it, hoping I could find it locally. Yippee--today I found one at Guy's Farm & Yard, which saves me about $3 in shipping costs.

I also looked at fly sheets because poor Dude has been getting eaten alive outside. I think that with all the rain we've had there's some bug that is breeding by the zillions, and Dude has had little rashes of bites on his jawline, belly and hind end. The second tack shop had a fly sheet in an 81". Usually he takes an 80", so it should be ok, but they did tell me I could return it if it doesn't fit (and I don't get it dirty trying it on him). There were two colors, cream with black piping and grey with red piping ... ugh, I hate color decisions. You wouldn't think it would matter, but I want him to look good :). The grey/red was pretty but not really his color so I went with the cream. He'll look kind of like a bumble bee since it's a yellowish cream. Heza Flashy Bumble Bee Mr. ... new show name, hahaha.

I wandered into the consignment section, BIG MISTAKE, because they had a Weatherbeeta sheet, really nice polyester/cotton blend in pristine condition for $30. It's a plaid with different shades of green and tan ... perfect for Dude and his chestnut coloring. He can wear it in the barn in the fall when the nights get cool. It's a good blend. Bestie has one in purple and it washes up really nice. I'm interested to see how it fits because I vaguely remember that there was some issue with the neckline on him with a similar sheet. But maybe the lady at the Sewing Corner can adjust it to fit.

A good shopping day for Dude! He'll get to try on his new clothes tomorrow when Katie goes to the barn.

No comments: