Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Dude and Cullen BFF









These photos are of Dude and his buddy Cullen. With our departure from the barn looming, they got to enjoy a little gelding friendship moment tonight.

Dude and Cullen go wayyyyy back. I'll let Dude tell the story:
"When my family first bought me I was at a barn in Jericho. One day this little bay gelding showed up. He was young, maybe three years old. That was when I first met Cullen. He was so young my family and other people called him things like Cullen Flower and Baby Cullen. I said, "Kid, stick with me and I'll show you what's what." He was a good kid but he needed a lot of training with his girl and from me and the other boys. He hung out with us guys in the front field. We'd graze, check out the mares, and graze some more. Every so often one of us would have to go in with our people who wanted to ride. Those were great days. After a while, Cullen and his girl Jenny decided to move to a new barn with a group of other people and horses that were switching barns. Me and my girl stayed at the old barn. I was sad that Cullen left, and my girl was sad because her sister left. It just wasn't working out for us anymore at the old barn, so after a few months, we decided to leave and go to the new barn also. On the first day I was there at the new place, my girl and her mom went to turn me out and they took me to the first field, Cullen's field. When he saw me, he came trotting over to me. Right away we started chewing on each other's withers. It was great. We were friends together again. That's one of my family's favorite stories. Now, if I have my stall door open, he stops and catches up with me. If I'm in the ring when he's there, we have a visit. He's a good jumper. What can I say? I love that little guy."

No comments: