Friday, February 20, 2009

Nothing too exciting happening

Last night I got to the barn late because we had to get Maddie to the airport for her trip over winter break. I think it was close to 7 pm when I arrived, and Bestie and, amazingly, Dude had finished their hay. He's a slow eater so I was kind of surprised that he was done, but when I checked out his stall he had left quite a bit of the hay because it was stalky and leafy from milkweed.

They had been turned out earlier in the day so I basically wanted to clean up their stalls and get home. I think because they were at loose ends they seemed really pleased to see me; neither would leave me alone as I tried to muck. Dude kept coming over and sticking his head in the wheelbarrow, Bestie would stand smack in the middle of the stall, pretty much in the way no matter where I went, and look at me. I was like, "Sorry, guys, no entertainment from me tonight." After mucking I brushed off their turnout sheets, picked their feet, gave them each a portion of a flake to keep them happy until night flake feeding at 9 pm, and left. It was one of those days that seemed r-e-a-l-l-y long.

No comments: